Here's is how the contest works:
- Your photograph must represent an aspect of pediatric hematology/oncology nursing. Choose photos that show a typical day rather than a special event.
- The photo must be submitted in electronic format (300 dpi/hi res).
- An application form along with a short narrative (not to exceed 50 words) must accompany each photo submission.
- If a patient appears in the photo, it must be accompanied by a permission form signed by the guardian.
- Please submit photos of children who are currently receiving care or are recovered.
- Must be an APHON member in order to participate.
All photos submitted will be considered for use in APHON publications, advertisements, website, etc. The photo and all accompanying materials must be received by APHON Head Quarters no later than July 1, 2013.
To Submit an Entry:
- Complete the A Day In the Life of an APHON Nurse Photo and Caption Contest application form for each photo you plan to submit.
- Send each photo, application form, and photo release form for anyone pictured by e-mail to email@example.com, with Photo Contest in the subject line.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation for each submission. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within 3 business days, please contact the APHON office at 847.375.4724.
All Participants Are Winners!
As a thank you for participating, we will give $5 in APHON bucks for each photo submission up to 3 photos, although you can submit as many photos as you like.
APHON members will vote for their favorite photo and the top 5 photo submissions, along with the narratives, will be displayed during the APHON Annual Conference and Exhibit in Anaheim, CA. Conference attendees will vote for the winner.
Complimentary registration to the
APHON 2014 Annual Conference in Portland, OR
1 Complimentary hotel night at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland
One year APHON Membership Renewal
All photo submissions are subject to approval. Approved submissions will be recognized on the website and will become the property of APHON for use by the association.
Previous Contest Winners