Reply To: Work Week Schedule

• Michele Ritter

November 11, 2014 at 11:43 am

We are a medium size institution (6 – MD’s, 7 NP/PA’s) and we do self scheduling and are allowed to do 4 – 10 hrs as long as everything is covered. So, we have many different schedules. We have areas that we primarily cover but can cross cover. We cover in-patient as well as outpatient but do not cover weekends, holidays or take call.

1 – PA works 5 – 8’s and covers neuro-onc
    1 – NP works 4 – 10’s and covers late effects
    1 – NP works 5 – 8’s and covers hematology
    1 – NP that works 3 – 10’s and primarily covers clinic but can also cross cover inpatient if needed (she is 3/4 time)
    2 – NP’s that were doing 4 – 10’s and covering in-patient and out-patient (myself and 1 other NP). We just made sure we didn’t have the same day off or if we absolutely had to that we had 1 of the other NP’s available to cover.
    1 – NP was working 2 – 14’s and 1 – 12 and covering wherever she was needed.  

——————————————-
    Michele Pope
    Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
    Arnold Palmer Hospital for Women & Children
    Orlando, FL
    United States
    ——————————————-

——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-11-2014 09:49 AM
    Subject: Work Week Schedule

We have a small institution with 3 MD’s one PA & 1 NP (looking for a 2nd NP). Everyone works the same schedule; 5-8 hour days with one week per month on call and responsible for inpatient. Mon-Sun.
    ——————————————-
    Anita Pool
    FNP-C
    Brownsville, TX
    United States
    ——————————————-

——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-07-2014 12:49 PM
    Subject: Work Week Schedule

This message has been cross posted to the following Discussions: APHON Open Forum and Advanced Practice Nurses .
    ——————————————-
    Hi All,

I have asked to ascertain how many other pedi hem/onc programs have NPs on 4 days x 10 hr schedules.  We are lobbying for such a schedule and was hoping I could get some feedback on how other NPs are scheduled.  We currently are a small institution with 2 full time NPs that cover inpatient and outpatient.

Thank you!
    Jen Costa, CPNP

——————————————-
    Jennifer Costa
    University of Massacusetts Medical Center
    Worcester, MA
    United States
    ——————————————-