Reply To: Bone Marrow/LP training for NPs

• Michele Ritter

August 13, 2018 at 3:53 pm

​Hi Elizabeth,

My fellow NP’s and I started to do procedures a few years ago and we were interested in training and found a hands on workshop at a conference held every November.

APSHO (Advanced Practitioner Society for Hematology/Oncology) has their conference JADPRO live where they offer Hands-on skills (bone marrow aspiration, lumbar puncture, Ommaya reservoir access, punch biopsy, and suturing). This year the conference is Nov 1st – 4th in Hollywood, FL.

this is the link to their website. 2018 JADPRO Live @ APSHO Conference

We found it to be very helpful. This conference is adult focused, but there were plenty of topics that applied to peds as well for the rest of the conference.

My co-worker also found several instructional videos on-line that she just searched for in a search engine that were also helpful, but I don’t have any specific ones.

The workshop is a pre-conference workshop and only limited seating is available so it fills up fast as many want this and this was the only place I could find some training being provided.

Hope this helps.

——————————
    Michele Pope, CPON,MSN,PNP-BC
    Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
    Orlando, FL
    United States
    ——————————
    ——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 08-13-2018 02:49 PM
    Subject: Bone Marrow/LP training for NPs

Good morning fellow NPs,

I have been working in a peds hem/onc clinic as an NP for a few months, and I would like to start learning how to perform LPs and bone marrow aspiration/biopsies. I was wondering if any of you who perform these procedures have a training guide you used and would be willing to share?

Thank you!

Lizzie Sharos

——————————
    Elizabeth Sharos, RN
    Mount Prospect, IL
    United States
    ——————————