Reply To: Thiotepa baths and dressings

• Jennifer Nordin

February 19, 2020 at 11:29 am

​1) At what frequency are patients required to bathe? q6h on standard times
    2) How long after administration of thiotepa are patients required to bathe? (i.e. 24 vs. 48 hrs) 48 hrs post last dose
    3) What do you use to cleanse the skin? (i.e. just water, water + soap, etc.) Cetaphil and water
    4) What do you use to cleanse the CVL site? Hibiclens soap
    5) Do you utilize any dressings over the CVL site? If so, what do you use and how often is this changed? gauze dressing wrapped around their torso changed with every bath

——————————
    Jennifer Nordin, RN
    Leawood, KS
    United States
    ——————————
    ——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 02-19-2020 10:42 AM
    Subject: Thiotepa baths and dressings

Hello all,

We are in the process of reviewing our standard for thiotepa baths. I know there have been several post in the past about practices, but they appear to be quite old at this point. Would anyone mind sharing their standard and any rationale (if available) around the standard on the following topics related to thiotepa?
    1) At what frequency are patients required to bathe?
    2) How long after administration of thiotepa are patients required to bathe? (i.e. 24 vs. 48 hrs)
    3) What do you use to cleanse the skin? (i.e. just water, water + soap, etc.)
    4) What do you use to cleanse the CVL site?
    5) Do you utilize any dressings over the CVL site? If so, what do you use and how often is this changed?

Thank you in advance!

——————————
    Kellie Kirbitz BSN,CPHON,RN
    Grand Rapids MI United States
    kellie.kirbitz@helendevoschildrens.org
    ——————————