Reply To: Neutropenic Diet Survey

• Melissa Carter

January 20, 2021 at 2:07 pm

Hi Apryl,
    Thank you for your interest.  The survey is to gather more information about what each HSCT center is using as diet restrictions given the lack of evidence with the neutropenic diet. 

I hope that answers your question; please reach out again if I can be of further assistance.

Best,
    Melissa

——————————
    Melissa Carter, FNP, BMTCN, MSN
    Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
    Boston Children’s Hospital
    Boston, MA
    ——————————
    ——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 01-20-2021 10:34 AM
    Subject: Neutropenic Diet Survey

Is this a special diet that patients have been on, or a general survey about our facility’s “neutropenia diet”? I’d love to participate, but wanted to be sure. 

Apryl Norris, RN, BSN

Charge Nurse, ��Heme/Onc/BMT��
    (205) 265-9584

Original Message:
    Sent: 1/20/2021 9:50:00 AM
    Subject: Neutropenic Diet Survey

Hello,
    I am excited to share a national survey investigating the use of the neutropenic diet in pediatric HSCT centers across North America.  Many of you had previously replied with your email address to participate in the survey. If you would like to participate in this survey and have not already contacted me with your email address please do so by Friday, 1/22/21.  You can reply to this post or email me directly at: melissa.carter@childrens.harvard.edu

The survey will remain open for one month, with a reminder sent after 2 weeks to those who have not yet completed. We estimate the survey will take 10-15 minutes. All data will be de-identified and aggregated. For participation in this survey, we will send you a report of our findings. We will also host a zoom to discuss results and potential next steps.

Thank you!
    Melissa Carter
    Division of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
    melissa.carter@childrens.harvard.edu 

——————————
    Melissa Carter, FNP, BMTCN, MSN
    Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
    Boston, MA
    ——————————