Reply To: Tocilizumab national shortage

• Deleted User

December 2, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Hi Leticia,

We have not yet had a supply issue for Tocilizumab and our pharmacy has confirmed they are still able to order. The manufacturing company that we work with notified us that we are required to notify them of any deviations to the REMS program related to the shortage. We wrote a planned deviation after discussion with our team about what alternatives (ie Siltuximab, Anakinra) we would use in the case that we do have supply issues. Our goal would still be to administer 2 doses Toci if we have them available. Plan would be reviewed on a case-by-case basis with the final say being the attending physician caring for the patient at that time and would depend on how many patients were currently in the window of needing sequestered doses. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Liz

——————————
    Elizabeth Sheldon, CPHON,CPNP-PC,PCNS
    San Diego, CA
    United States
    ——————————
    ——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 08-17-2021 10:34 AM
    Subject: Tocilizumab national shortage

How much are centers who perform CAR T therapy affected by the nationwide shortage of tocilizumab? We are not yet doing CAR T, but will do so in the near future. Given the length of the shortage of other medications, I am concerned of what impact this will have.

I am interested in knowing what you all are experiencing. Thanks.

——————————
    Letty Valdiviez, MSN, RN, CPHON
    Oncology Nurse Navigator
    UCI Medical Center
    Orange, CA
    ——————————