Reply To: BMT Nurse Coordinator Structure and Responsibilities

• Deleted User

May 3, 2022 at 5:21 pm

I would be willing to answer any questions regarding our BMT coordinator role. We have 3 coordinators, 1 full time and 2 part-time. They assist with pre-transplant coordination, assist with discharge education and schedule initial outpatient follow-up, as well as triage post-transplant phone calls. Patients receiving further therapy for their treatment plan (Neuroblastoma, lymphoma, etc) transfer back to their disease team and that case manager at approx day 30 post-transplant. Relapse patients also transfer back to their primary disease team and case manager.

——————————
    Liz Sheldon CPNP, PCNS-BC, CPHON
    Rady Children’s Hospital – San Diego
    BMT NP/CNS
    esheldon@rchsd.org
    United States
    ——————————
    ——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 04-07-2022 10:02 AM
    Subject: BMT Nurse Coordinator Structure and Responsibilities

Hi everyone,

I am exploring making some structural and/or process changes within our BMT nurse coordinator group. Currently our nurse coordinators perform all the pre-transplant care coordination but are not involved during hospitalization or post-transplant coordination. If you or some from your program would be willing to have a brief conversation to discuss the program structure and the extent of nurse coordination of care, it would be very helpful. I am also willing to answer questions in return as you need. Thank you advance for your help. 

——————————
    Antonio Jordan, MBA, BSN, RN, NE-BC
    Director BMT Program, Cellular Therapies and Apheresis
    Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
    1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
    p | 404.785.1346
    c | 678.764.7713
    e | Antonio.Jordan@choa.org
    ——————————