Reply To: Protocol Education

• Kristin Stegenga

October 1, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Hi Maggie
    Are you referring to a specific protocol? I wasn’t sure if your question was protocol specific or general about the process of preparing nurses for new studies…wanted to make sure to address your question appropriately. Also this forum is intended to be one for nurses conducting research but since sometimes that overlaps with research nurses, it may answer your question-let’s see…

——————————————-
    Kristin Stegenga
    Children’s Mercy Hospital
    Overland Park, KS
    United States
    ——————————————-

——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 10-01-2013 12:23 PM
    Subject: Protocol Education

To whom it may concern:

I am the inpatient pedi onc/stem cell transplant nursing research coordinator at Boston Children’s Hospital.  Currently through our IRB we are required to complete an nursing in-service for the protocol to become activated.  However, sometimes this is well in advance of the enrollment of the first patient.  We then usually follow this initial in-service up with individual nursing education, Netlearning powerpoint or an additional in-service.

I was curious to know how this is being done at your institutions.  If you are not the correct person to answer this question it would be helpful to point me in the correct direction!

Thank you in advance. 

——————————————-
    Maggie Malsch
    Boston, MA
    United States
    ——————————————-