Reply To: Interested in a Palliative Care EBP Project?

• Deborah Lafond

February 10, 2014 at 1:22 pm

We are still in the planning phase, so no definite plans!  I think that your input could be valuble.  I am putting together a list of folks who are interested and then we can work off line with scheduling a conference call to begin discsusions on this project.  I am glad you are interested!

Thanks, Debbie

——————————————-
    Deborah Lafond
    Children’s National Medical Center
    Saint Leonard, MD
    United States
    ——————————————-

——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 02-10-2014 01:19 PM
    Subject: Interested in a Palliative Care EBP Project?

Not sure if you are planning to incorporate outpatient into your project or not, but if you are, I would be more than happy to work on it.

——————————————-
    Sarah Kaczor
    Alexandria, VA
    United States
    ——————————————-

——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 02-10-2014 01:12 PM
    Subject: Interested in a Palliative Care EBP Project?

Dear APHON Palliative Care Colleagues:

I am interested in beginning or participating in an EBP project evaluating the translation of the APHON/COG Palliative Care Resource Manual into practice.  While not thought of traditionally as a clinical guideline, I think that this is a peer-reviewed, evidence-based resource.  I have talked with Pam Hinds about this idea and she supports that the manual could indeed be used as a clinical guideline.  I am thinking about taking a piece of the manual, as the whole thing is much too long to evaluate in a timely manner, and developing an EBP project looking at how folks use this at the bedside to guide care.  Would anyone be interested in working on such a project with me?

Thanks, Debbie

——————————————-
    Deborah Lafond
    Children’s National Medical Center
    Saint Leonard, MD
    United States
    ——————————————-