Reply To: Blinatumomab, Dinutuximab, and Other Biotherapy Nurse Staffing Ratios

• Divina Perez

September 18, 2022 at 12:29 pm

Hello!  I work in as a charge nurse in an inpatient pediatric unit for Kaiser Permanente, Fontana Medical Center in So Cal.  Our nurse patient ratio for Blinatumomab, Dinutuximab, and Rituximab is 1:1.  Blinatumomab and Dinutuximab are given in the PICU setting.  Please share and literature that you have found that supports in patient staffing ratios.  Thank you for for starting this thread!

——————————
    Divina Perez, MSN, BSN, RN, CPN
    Corona, CA
    Charge Nurse Pediatrics
    Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center
    Fontana, CA
    United States
    ——————————
    ——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 08-30-2022 07:34 AM
    Subject: Blinatumomab, Dinutuximab, and Other Biotherapy Nurse Staffing Ratios

Hello everyone!
    I am the assistant nurse manager at Hackensack UMC in Hackensack, NJ and I am looking for documentation to support my inpatient unit’s 1:2 nurse:patient staffing ratio for blinatumomab, dinutuximab, and other biotherapy infusions.  I am in the process of conducting a literature search but not having much luck.  Would you mind sharing your hospital name and pediatric biotherapy infusion staffing ratios (specifically blina & dinutux if possible)?  Also, if anyone has literature to support lower staffing ratios for these infusions I would sincerely appreciate it!  Thank you in advance!!

——————————
    Alyssa Henderson, RN, BSN, CPHON
    Inpatient Peds Heme/Onc/BMT Assistant Nurse Manager
    Hackensack, NJ
    ——————————