Reply To: CAPs and Closed System Devices

  • Michael Hans

    July 27, 2015 at 12:14 pm

    We use the microclave and spiros.

    Michael Hans, MS, BSN, RN-BC, CPON, CPN
    Nursing Staff Development Educator
    St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital

    ——Original Message——


    1. What type of end cap (needleless access device) do you use for your CVC hubs (i.e. Microclave or Smartsite, etc)?

    2. What type of closed system chemo device do you use for nursing and pharmacy? (i.e. Spiros/ICU medical or Phaseal)? Does anyone use BBraun?
    Mary Lynn Rae, CPHON, MSN, RN
    Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
    Chicago, IL
    United States