Reply To: COG AHOD1331 HODGKINS PROTOCOL

• William Copeck

December 17, 2019 at 2:44 pm

We had the same issue and within one of the ALL protocols we found a reference to a 750 ml/m2 bolus as the prehydration for CPM. We use this instead of waiting for urine SG. We essentially give this big bolus up front then run fluids at 125 ml/m2 until the counts are back and the chemo is ready. We send just one urine for reference pre-chemo. 
    We run the chemo in the following order: CPM, Dox, Bleo, VCR then Etop. We hydrate post CPM for 3 hours (100 ml/m2) but include the hour of Etoposide as hydration since the fluid volume its mixed in is significant. 
    We monitor intake/output and give lasix if weight increases.
    It has saved an incredible amount of time for families and we have had no problems. If I can find the reference in the protocol for 750 ml/m2 I’ll send it.
    Bill

——————————
    [Bill] [Copeck],
    [Nurse Manager]
    [St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital]
    [Paterson], [NJ]
    [USA]
    ——————————
    ——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 12-17-2019 01:13 PM
    Subject: COG AHOD1331 HODGKINS PROTOCOL

​Hello

I was wondering how other out patient clinics are handling the “big day ” of chemo for these patients?  Our patients could be in clinic from 8-6 depending on labs and urine parameters with hydration.  We are looking for ways to decrease time needed, and I would like to know how other institutions are handling this?  Do patients get lab work done before?  Do you standardize pre and post hydration?  Do you wait for urine to clear?

Thanks for your information

Marlene

——————————
    Marlene Reidl, RN, BSN CPHON
    Clinical Manager
    Tomorrow Fund Clinic
    Hasbro Children’s Hospital
    Providence, RI USA
    ——————————