Reply To: Outpatient Procedures

• Vicki Schaefers

July 12, 2018 at 12:45 pm

If your procedures are performed IN CLINIC:
    1.  Who staffs the pre/intra/post OP portion?  clinic staff or PACU staff? – Clinic Staff
    2.  Do you offer procedures every day? M, T, Th, F (max of 4 per day) we also do up to 4 LP’s with nitrous per day, those are not included here and are scattered throughout the day as the patients do not have to be NPO)
    3.  What time of day do you start procedures? 0730- finishing at 1000, we have all the patients arrive at 0730 and they are usually awake by 1000
    4.  Are your patients seen/examined on SAME day or day prior? – same day by the procedure person

We have a new clinic with 2 treatment/procedure rooms and can administer general anesthesia. we only use propfol in the clinic.  Not GA.   I am curious to see how other OP clinics are providing/staffing/organizing their procedures.

Currently–we are sending patients to PACU, M,W,F.  “batching” out patients this way makes for incredibly busy days on M,W,F and then slower days T/Th.

thanks for any info you can provide.

——————————
    Vicki Schaefers, RN, CNP – PC/AC, CPHON
    Children’s – Minnesota
    Cancer and Blood Disorders Clinic Manager
    Minneapolis MN
    ——————————
    ——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 07-12-2018 12:27 PM
    Subject: Outpatient Procedures

​Hi.  I’ve looked back through the library to see if I can find some info but much of what I found is several years old.

Where are your OP procedures performed?  Separate PACU/Sedation area OR In Clinic?

If your procedures are performed IN CLINIC:
    1.  Who staffs the pre/intra/post OP portion?  clinic staff or PACU staff?
    2.  Do you offer procedures every day?
    3.  What time of day do you start procedures?
    4.  Are your patients seen/examined on SAME day or day prior?

We have a new clinic with 2 treatment/procedure rooms and can administer general anesthesia.   I am curious to see how other OP clinics are providing/staffing/organizing their procedures.

Currently–we are sending patients to PACU, M,W,F.  “batching” out patients this way makes for incredibly busy days on M,W,F and then slower days T/Th.

thanks for any info you can provide.

——————————
    Dawn Mannon, MSN, RN
    Clinical Manager
    Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
    Phoenix Children’s Hospital
    Phoenix, AZ
    USA
    ——————————