Reply To: Sibling Policy

• Anne Harvey

October 21, 2021 at 10:11 am

We currently have a no sibling policy now as well. Our children’s hospital has a “Kids Clubhouse” that offers supervised sibling playroom while sibling patients are attending clinic visits, lab draws etc. Families need to make a reservation, sib has to wear a mask, no diapering, no sick sibs, no medical intervention, etc. and I am sure there are other rules that I am not aware of – but it is a great resource for families (and for clinics too).

my signature

Anne G. Harvey, DNP, CPNP

Pediatric Nurse Practitioner

APP Director, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology

Utah Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders

Primary Children’s Hospital

Phone: 801.662.4700

Pager: 801.914.2330

CONFIDENTIAL : This material is prepared pursuant to Utah Code Ann. 26-25-1 et seq., Idaho Code Ann 39-1392 et seq., or Wyoming Statues 35-17-101 et seq., for improvement of the quality of hospital and medical care rendered by hospitals or physicians and is NOT PART OF THE MEDICAL RECORD, SHOULD NOT BE KEPT IN OR WITH THE MEDICAL RECORD AND SHOULD NOT BE COPIED.

NOTICE: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from reviewing, using, disclosing or distributing this e-mail or its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this e-mail and its contents.

——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 10/21/2021 9:44:00 AM
    Subject: RE: Sibling Policy

We have a no sibling policy. However, if they show up with sibs, we look at it on a case by case basis, if the patient MUST be seen that day and I discuss with the team. Also, if we know ahead of time there is childcare issues, we also address those with the team (EX. coming in for a physical only, can be rescheduled; if chemotherapy or infusion, we will consider sibs). IF sibs come, they must stay in the room with patient and keep mask on. Hope this helps.

——————————
    Gretchen Hirschey, RN, BSN, CPHON
    Clinical Manager, Gill Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Outpatient Setting
    Children’s Health
    1935 Medical District Drive
    Dallas, Texas 75235
    United States
    gretchen.hirschey@childrens.com
    O: 214-456-1509
    C: 214-536-6825
    ——————————
    ——————————————-
    Original Message:
    Sent: 10-21-2021 06:48 AM
    Subject: Sibling Policy

Hi all- Looking for input as to what other clinics policies are on siblings being allowed at clinic and/or infusion appointments.
    If you do NOT allow siblings, how do you manage barriers that families have in finding childcare for other sibs? Any other input, ideas, etc. are welcome! Thank you!

——————————
    Kellie Kirbitz BSN,CPHON,RN
    Grand Rapids MI United Stateskkirbitz@gmail.com
    ——————————