APHON is committed to ensuring that pediatric hematology/oncology nurses are provided with the latest information on pending legislative and regulatory issues and activities impacting the profession and patients. For more information, view our health policy agenda or contact us at email@example.com.
Legislative Action Center
The APHON Legislative Action Center provides federal and state legislative information about pediatric hematology/oncology patient care and nursing. Get involved by staying informed and taking action!
A quarterly offering from the Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses, the newsletter’s goal is to inform members about legislative and regulatory issues impacting the profession of pediatric hematology/oncology nursing and the patients we serve.
Sign-on letters are policy-oriented letters sent to Congress members, congressional committees, or federal agencies expressing the signatories’ viewpoint.
View 2023 Sign-On Letters
- View the supporting letter: Letter to Senator Merkley in Support of the Nurse Corps Tax Parity Act of 2023
- View the supporting letter: PREVENT HPV Cancers Act Letter of Support
- View the supporting letter: Letter to Sponsors of the Accelerating Kids’ Access to Care for Kids Act
- View the supporting letter: United States Cadet Nurse Corp Service Recognition Act of 2023 Introduced
- View the supporting letter: Letter to House Sponsors of the Improving Care and Access to Nurses Act
- View the supporting letter: APHON Sends Funding Letters to House and Senate for DOD Peer Reviewed Cancer Research Program
- View the supporting letter: Letter Urging Passage of Bill to Prevent Workplace Violence for Health Care Workers
- View the supporting letter: Letter to Sponsors of the National Nursing Workforce Center Act of 2023
View the supporting letter: Letter to House and Senate Appropriations Subcommittees to Support Research Funding for Palliative Care
- View the supporting letter: Letter to Congress Outlining Top Legislative Priorities During National Nurses Week
Many times, the best way to make an impact with a broad audience is to partner with a coalition that can help advance our priority issues. APHON belongs to the following coalitions:
APHON is also an active member of the Nursing Community Coalition which is comprised of 63 national professional nursing associations.